- Date: Sunday, Sept. 27, 2015
- Time: 2:00 PM
- Troop Registration Deadline: Sept. 19, 2015
Participants: Registered Girls Scouts and adult chaperones. Adults do not need to be registered members of Girl Scouts. Non-Girl Scout siblings may not march in the parade.
Route: Parade starts at Medford High School (MHS,) proceeds down Winthrop Street onto High Street, onto Riverside Avenue, disbanding at Medford City Hall.
Registration: Medford Girl Scouts are registered for the parade and all Troops will march together. Troop Leaders must register their Troop’s participation with the Medford Service Unit parade co-coordinator, Carolyn Heald, by September 19th.
Cost: $2.00 per girl for a parade fun patch. There is no cost for adults. Checks should be made payable to Medford Service Unit 406.
Guidelines and Safety: Please review the following safety guidelines:
- Uniforms – Girls should wear their uniform: khaki bottoms (shorts, skort, skirt or pants), plain white top, and their vest or sash. Adults should wear khaki bottoms, a white shirt or official Girl Scout shirt, and if registered should wear their insignia tab and pins.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes, sunscreen and bring water
- Each Troop is responsible for transportation to the meeting point at Medford City Hall (to be shuttled to the start of the parade) and for ensuring that all of their members are reunited with their parent/guardian at the end of the parade
- Each Troop is responsible for having the correct safety ratio for the event. The adult-to-girl ratios are two non-related adults (at least one of whom is female) to every:
- 6 Girl Scout Daisies, 12 Girl Scout Brownies, 16 Girl Scout Juniors, 20 Girl Scout Cadettes, 24 Girl Scout Seniors, 24 Girl Scout Ambassadors
- Plus one adult to each additional: 4 Girl Scout Daisies, 6 Girl Scout Brownies, 8 Girl Scout Juniors, 10 Girl Scout Cadettes, 12 Girl Scout Seniors, 12 Girl Scout Ambassadors
- Each girl needs to have a designated buddy for the parade
- Parade decorations – We will not have a float (extra insurance required). Troops may make signs to carry. The Parade organizers do not want anything thrown into the crowds.
- Completed Activity Permission Form for each girl. Troop leaders to keep with them.