Daisies, Brownies, and Juniors participated in Medford’s Patriot’s Day Ceremony. The older girls paired up with the younger ones to march from City Hall to the Salem Street Burial Grounds in Medford Square. Once there, the girls recited the Pledge of Allegiance in unison. Thanks to all the girls, leaders, and their families for participating!
Girl Scout Leader’s Day is April 22 and, to celebrate, a number of Medford’s dedicated volunteers were selected to be honored by Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts or by our Medford Service Unit. On behalf of all Medford Girl Scouts and their families, congratulations to the following volunteers! You give Medford Girl Scouts your best and your hard work and dedication are deeply appreciated.
The following Medford honorees will be recognized at the 2015 Volunteer Recognition Dinner on Tuesday, May 5, 2015 at 7:30 PM at the Marlborough Holiday Inn. Please join us at the dinner to celebrate the dedication and commitment these volunteers demonstrate. Pre-registration is required, $25.00/PP. Preceding the dinner at 6:00 is the Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts Annual Meeting. Pre-registration is required to attend the Annual Meeting.
- Registered Girl Scout adult.
- Significantly contributed to meeting one or more council goals in membership growth and retention, fund development or increased community visibility in two or more geographic areas.
- Actively recognizes, understands and practices the values of inclusive behavior.
- Registered Girl Scout adult
- Previous Appreciation Pin, Honor Pin, Thanks Badge, or Thanks II recipient
- Completed appropriate training for the position
- Continued performance at a level that exceeds expectations of his/her position description for one of the following areas since receiving a volunteer award: Membership, Fund Development, Product Sales, Program, Adult Development, and Community Collaborations.
The Girl Scouts of the USA Appreciation Pin recognizes volunteers actively giving outstanding service in support of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience in at least one geographic area or program delivery audience. The Appreciation Pin requires one nomination, one endorsement, and the approval of the Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts Board of Directors. The recognition criteria includes:
- Registered Girl Scout adult
- Significantly contributed to meeting one or more council goals in membership growth and retention, fund development or increased community visibility in one geographic area
- Actively recognizes, understands and practices the values of inclusive behavior
- The Volunteer of Excellence Pin recognizes volunteers who have contributed outstanding service while partnering directly with girls in any pathway (troop, camp, event, etc.) to implement the Girl Scout Leadership Experience through use of the National Program Portfolio (Journeys and /or The Girls Guide to Girl Scouting); or who contributed outstanding service in support of the council’s mission delivery to girl and adult members.
The Green and Growing Pin: Jenna Labissoniere and Cheryl Rodriguez
- The Green & Growing Award is a Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts Pin awarded to volunteers who have volunteered for less than 2 years with a troop or series, completed the Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts Learning Plan (Girl Scouting 101, Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts Orientation, “Essentials” for appropriate level) , participated in at least one service unit or council event or program , kept troop open to new members, shows commitment to the troop through early registration for following year and implements Girl Scout Leadership Experience within troop programming.