The Girl Scout membership year officially runs from October 1 to September 30 but Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts is offering special incentives for girls, troops and for Medford when girls and adult volunteers re-register early.
To re-register, go to http://www.gsema.org/en/about-girl-scouts/renew.html or call customer care at 844-306-GSEM (4736).
Please note, the membership fees for next year will go up to $40 for girls ($25 for Girl Scouts USA and $15 for Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts) and $25 for adults (for Girl Scouts USA). Girl Scouts is committed to making sure that ability to pay will never be a barrier to being a member and financial aid is available upon request. Look for the check-box to request financial aid in the renewal process.
Girls who renew before April 25 will receive:
Spring Renewal patch
- $5 girl program credit for GSEMA programs
- a coupon for $5 off a purchase of $25 or more at a GSEMA shop
If a girl renews between April 26 and June 13, 2017, she will receive the Spring Renewal patch.
Renew 75% of your girls in your troop (and two adult volunteers) by June 13 and receive:
- a coupon for the NEW 2017 Girls’ Choice Troop Camping badges for Daisy through Ambassador Girl Scouts, redeemable at any Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts council shop. This badge is the first-ever for Daisy Girl Scouts. (Coupon will be valid for number of badges equal to number of girls renewed.)
- a link to the Troop Camping badge requirements. Badge requirements will be ready for download this summer and in council stores by August.
Note: To qualify for troop incentive, troop must renew a minimum of four girls and two adult volunteers, have no Product Sales debt, and submit a troop financial report by June 30, 2017.
MEDFORD SERVICE UNIT INCENTIVES
If we renew the following percentages of girls by June 13, we will receive a cash bonus that we can use to benefit Medford Girl Scouts:
- 75% of girls (which is 237 out of 316 girls): $500
- 65% of girls (which is 205 out of 316 girls): $400
- 50% of girls (which is 158 out of 316 girls): $300
Last year, we re-registered more than 50% of our girls and we received $300 that we used to buy a set of Girl Scout flags which we can use for city-wide events and which troops can use for their own flag ceremonies. Click here for more information about our new set of flags.
- The three service units/areas with the highest percentage of renewed girls will receive lunch with GSEMA’s CEO, Pat Parcellin, and Chief Membership Services Officer, Carrie Weatherbee.
- The service unit/area with the highest percentage of renewed girls will also be awarded a complimentary table for eight at GSEMA’s signature breakfast event, the 2018 Leading Women Awards.